250g firm tofu, cubed
2 portobello mushrooms
1/2 cup wilted baby spinach
1 medium zucchini, diced
1/2 red onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
1 teaspoon Mexican chilli powder
1 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon vegetable salt
Cracked pepper, to taste
Olive oil, to fry
1. Dice the onion and chop the mushroom into medium-sized cubes.
2. Take a fork and mash the tofu until it looks like crumbles without too many large chunks.
3. Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat and cook onions and garlic until the onion is translucent. Add mushroom & zucchini and cook for a further 5 minutes. Add tofu crumbles and spinach as well as any additional vegetables.
4. Add spices and soy sauce. Cook for a further 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
5. Serve with a couple of piece of grainy sourdough toast with avocado