· 500g firm white fish fillets (such as ling, hake), coarsely chopped
· 2x eggs, lightly whisked
· 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
· 1/2 cup cornflour
· 2 tablespoons fish sauce
· 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
· 3 green shallots, ends trimmed, finely chopped
· 50g green beans, finely chopped
· 1/3 cup olive oil
· Lime wedges, to serve
· Sweet chilli sauce, extra, to serve
· 300g sweet potato, finely sliced
· 1 tsp cinnamon
· Your choice steamed greens
Asparagus/Spinach/Brussel Sprouts/Broccolini OR
Simple side salad
· Place sweet potato with a drizzle of olive oil in the oven and sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake for ~30 minutes on 180 degrees
· In the mean-time place the fish in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Add the coriander, cornflour, fish sauce, sweet chilli sauce and eggs, and process until well combined
· Transfer the mixture to a large bowl. Add the shallot and beans and stir until well combined.
· Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Divide the fish mixture into 8 equal portions and flatten. Cook for 4 minutes each side or until golden brown.
· Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Repeat with the remaining fish mixture, reheating the pan between batches.
· Steam greens with a little water (30mL) for 5 minutes
· Add 2xfish cakes + sweet potato + greens to plate
· Devour!! 🙂