Sounds naughty but tastes delicious! The best way to go about a healthy eating plan is to enjoy new ways to nourish your body. Last week I found myself at home with limited ingredients yet wanting to be creative! This is what I was able to rustle up in a matter of minutes and it turned out delicious. Choose one or the other, both good!
Chicken Sausage Rolls
400g lean chicken mince, 1 egg, 1 x grated carrot, 1/2 onion chopped, 2 cloves garlic chopped, 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil/parsley/coriander, 1 tsp garam masala/curry powder, 1 pack mountain bread (8 sheets)
Serve with sweet chili sauce
Beef Sausage Rolls
400g lean beef mince, 1 egg, 1 large can red kidney beans (drained), 8-10 medium mushrooms, 1/2 onion chopped, 2 cloves garlic chopped, 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil/parsley/coriander, 4 tbsp. pasta sauce, 1 pack mountain bread (8 sheets)
Serve with tomato sauce
1. Heat up onion and garlic over medium heat in saucepan.
2. Add in meat and brown.
3. Add in the rest of the ingredients, mix and cook for a further couple of minutes
4. Cut mountain bread lengthways into 3 strips
5. Spoon mixture along length of each mountain bread and roll into a cylinder(not too much! and make sure you drain otherwise will be too much water which could make it go soggy)
6. Give it a light spray or brush with oil
7. Bake on 180 degrees for 15-20mins
8. Enjoy with your choice of dipping sauce and a beautiful side salad