· 1 red onion, finely diced
· 1 garlic clove, crushed
· 1 small chilli, finely diced
· 1 teaspoon paprika
· ½ teaspoon ground coriander
· ½ teaspoon ground cumin
· 2 red capsicums, cut into 2cm pieces
· 400g chopped tomatoes
· ½ large eggplant, cut into 2cm cubes
· 4 eggs
· Fresh coriander, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 2200C.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil over a medium heat and add onion, garlic and chilli. Cook for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add the spices and stir, cook for a further minute.
3. Add the capsicum and tomatoes to the pan and cook for 10-15 minutes, or until capsicums are softened. Turn the cook top off, then blend the sauce and return to the pan.
4. Meanwhile, spray another pan with cooking oil and heat over a high heat. Add eggplant and cook for 10 minutes or until cooked through, turning occasionally.
5. Stir the eggplant through the sauce. Make four wells with the back of a spoon and crack an egg into each well, then bake in the oven until eggs are cooked to your liking.
Sprinkle with coriander and serve with wholegrain bread.
High in Vitamin C to assist your immunity and glowing skin
A good source of protein to keep you feeling full and lower the overall GI of the meal
Can be shared with friends (Always a benefit too right ;))
This recipe was brought to you by our amazing Kirrawee Dietitian Melissa - give her a call to get your health sorted down in the South of Sydney!