Legumes: Amazingly high in fibre and pre-biotics for gut health. Here is how to make this warming dish at home rather than buying it in the supermarket.
Makes: 3.5 cups
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
· 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
· 1 brown onion, finely diced
· 1 garlic clove, crushed
· 1x 200g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
· 1x 400g tin crushed tomatoes
· 1x 400g tin bean mix, drained and rinsed
· 1 zucchini, grated
· 1 tablespoon dried mixed herbs
· Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
1. Heat olive oil over a medium-high heat.
2. Sauté onion and garlic for 3-5 minutes or until softened.
3. Add cherry tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, bean mix, zucchini, mixed herbs and pepper and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
1/2 cup provides roughly:
· 460 kJ (110 cal), 4.5g protein, 3.3g fat, 0.5g sat fat, 13.1g carbs, 4.2g fibre
Enjoy 1 cup with some grainy toast and a little sprinkle of cheddar cheese for breakfast :)